Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, January 7, 2013

Franklin Aldermen 01-07-2013

**4.37am** Here is the video of last night's meeting:


And here is a transcription of the notice handed out by Town Manager Sam Greenwood that his last day at work will be March 29, 2013:

Dear Board Members:

Warren Cabe and I have reached the conclusion that Warren will be ready to assume the duties of Town Manager effective April 1, 2013. Accordingly, I am giving notice under my contract that effectively my last day with the Town will be March 29, 2013.

My recommendation is that contractual negotiations with Warren be considered at the February or March Board meeting and I have directed Human Resources to begin compiling compensation and benefit comparisons for review by the Board. Warren and I are also recommending that a budget retreat be scheduled with the Board as early as possible in April.

Sincerely, Sam K. Greenwood


Untitled


Town of Franklin Board of Aldermen 

Meeting Agenda

Monday January 7, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. 

  1. Call to order -Mayor Collins
  2. Approval of the December 3, 2012 board minutes.
  3. Public session
  4. New business
    • Street closing request for 2013- Main Street Executive Linda Schlott
    • Resolution opposing legislation that provides for the forced taking of Municipal Water System - Town Manger Sam Greenwood
    • Re-zoning request for 142 Harrison Avenue - Land Use Administrator Derek Roland
    • Recommendation for vacancy on the Town planning board - Derek Roland
  5. Legal
    • Harassment policy- Town Attorney John Henning Jr
  6. Adjourn


The Franklin Town Board of Aldermen will be having their regularly scheduled monthly meeting tonight at 7pm on the lower level of Town Hall. The agenda for the meeting is embedded below for your information.

If you wish to follow along with my nearly-live play by play, check it out on Google Plus. After the meeting is over, I will have the video of the full meeting posted online as soon as I can.

Carolina Public Press has posted an article about the communications problems that have been ongoing between the town and local merchants. You can read it here, and you can also take a look at their posting on it on Facebook...and see that someone says that I am part of the problem. This is a person who I have never observed attend a public meeting since I've been covering them and has had nothing but negative things to say about me since I started posting videos of the full meetings online. I suppose if he's focused on me, it'll give other people a rest. It's cool to have a detractor, especially one who is a Lefty. ʘ‿ʘ




Agend Packet 1-7-13

0 comments :